• Here are our numbers in Newark for today—
26 more positive cases than yesterday, and a total of 129 since start date of 6/30/20.
No new deaths; a total of 3 since start date of 6/30/20.
State positive cases 174,270, which is 231 more than yesterday.
State reported deaths 13,501, which is 25 more than yesterday.
o Zip Codes:
We will share zip code data and rates of infection at the end of each week.
• #MASKUPNEWARK CAMPAIGN
If you sent in your selfies and ideas, thank you!
Today was our deadline but we’re extending it a day to give everyone a little more time to send them in.
Mayor will read all of the suggested slogans tomorrow here on our Facebook Live and we can see which ones the people like the most.
Email them and your #maskup photos to MASKUPNEWARK@NEWARKNJ.GOV
• POP-UP COVID-19 TESTING AND CENSUS SITES
We’ve added a couple of locations for pop-up COVID-19 testing and Census sites – today (July 9th) we are at Oscar Miles Village (190 Court Street)
Friday, July 10th - Congress Street
(between Market and Ferry Streets)
The site with West Ward Councilman McCallum AND PSE&G – last day is Friday, July 10th (9AM-3PM)
Location: Little Avenue & West Market Street
(across the street from the Georgia King Village entrance)
Monday, July 13th – Balletine Parkway
(between Ridge and Parker Streets)
Tuesday, July 14th – Vailsburg Park
(694-736 South Orange Avenue)
Friday, July 17th – Aspen River Park Apartments
(17 Oxford Street) at 3:30-8PM
• COMMUNITY CLEAN UP
July 11th – Central Ward Community Clean Up–
Pick up supplies from
Rotunda Recreation Center (75 Clifton Avenue) or Congregational Baptist Church (399-411 Bergen Street)
1. Washington & West Kinney (Lincoln Park Area)
2. North 5th Street & 6th Avenue
3. Garside & 3rd Avenue
4. Sussex & Duryea
5. South 10th Street & Blum Street (Near Harriet Tubman School)
6. 15th Avenue and 7th Street
7. 3rd Street and Central Avenue
8. Roseville Area (7th Avenue & North 4th)
9. Crane & MLK Blvd
10. Burnet Street (James Street Community)
July 18th – North Ward Community Clean Up–
Pick up supplies from
Vince Lombardi Center of Hope
(201 Bloomfield Avenue)
Then we will begin again.
• NEWARK CONNECT APP
In helping with keeping our city clean, we have launched an anti-graffiti task force and encourage our residents to download the NEWARK CONNECT APP to report any graffiti that you see around the city.
• VIRTUAL SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION IS STILL OPEN
It’s not too late to enroll your children in our virtual summer camp – and it’s FREE.
There are several to choose from:
• ARTS & CULTURE CAMP
• CREATIVE PERFORMING ARTS CAMP
• GIRLS IN RECREATION, LEADERSHIP & SPORTS CAMP
• NEWARK SPORTS CAMP
• ROBOTICS AND GAMING CAMP
• CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (CSI) CAMP
• CODING AND DIGITAL GAMING CAMP
• AND “COLOR ME BAD” COLOR WARS CAMP
For more information or to register, go to: WWW.NEWARKNJ.GOV/DEPARTMENTS/RCASS
• REMINDER: CITY OF NEWARK AND PUBLIC LIBRARY HAVE TEAMED UP TO OFFER FREE ASSISTANCE WITH 2020 CENSUS AT THREE BRANCHES
The “Pop-Up Census Sites” take place on Wednesdays and Fridays from 11AM to 2:30PM until the end of July.
Van Buren Branch - 140 Van Buren Street – parking lot
North End Branch – 722 Summer Avenue – parking lot
Springfield Branch – 50 Hayes Street – courtyard
You can also complete yours at www.2020CENSUS.GOV or
by phone 844-330-2020
• Closing and blessings