• PATRICK COUNCIL, DIRECTOR OF RECREATION, CULTURAL AFFAIRS AND SENIOR SERVICES SERVED AS GUEST HOST
• HERE ARE OUR NUMBERS TODAY
14 more positive cases than Monday, and a total of 961 since June 30th.
1 new death since Monday; a total of 35 since June 30th.
A total of 200,988 positive cases, which is 834 more than Monday, September 21.
A total 14,291 deaths, which is 13 more than Monday, September 21.
• REMOTE LEARNING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The application can be found on our NEWARKCOVID19.COM website (click on the remote learning button). The flyer and link are also posted here on Facebook.
• LARGE GATHERINGS HOTLINE
Please continue to call the hotline to report large gatherings, large groups not practicing social distancing, and crowds not wearing masks. The hotline number is 973-969-1122.
• 14 DAY QUARANTINE TRAVEL ADVISORY
Under the 14-day quarantine travel advisory announced by the Governors of New Jersey, New York and Connecticut, individuals traveling to or returning to New Jersey from states with increasing rates of COVID-19 are advised to self-quarantine for 14 days. This includes travel by train, bus, car, plane and any other method of transportation.
If you travel to any of the following states, you must quarantine upon return:
• Arizona (re-added 9/22/20)
• Minnesota (re-added 9/22/20)
• Nevada (re-added 9/22/20)
• Rhode Island (re-added 9/22/20)
• Wyoming (added 9/22/20)
• North Carolina
• North Dakota
• Puerto Rico
• South Carolina
• South Dakota
• West Virginia
• Note: California, Hawaii, Maryland, and Ohio were removed 9/15/20. The Virgin Islands were removed 9/8/20. New Mexico and Washington were removed 8/11/20. The District of Columbia was removed on 8/4/20.
• POP-UP TESTING AND CENSUS SITES (3:30 PM-8PM)
Wednesday, September 23rd
Clear View Baptist Church
314 Hobson St.
Friday, September 25th
595 Mt. Prospect Ave.
Also on Friday, we have the
Halsey Street Pop-Up Site,
brought to you by the City of Newark AND Embracing Your Journey LLC.
On Halsey Street
(between Central Avenue & New Street)
• COMPLETE THE CENSUS
Reminder to complete the Census:
You can submit it online at www.2020CENSUS.GOV in person at a pop-up site, at the Newark Public Library main branch on Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays between 11:30AM and 2:30PM (and get a $50 ShopRite gift card), by completing the mail-in form, or by calling: 844-330-2020 for English, 844-468-2020 for Spanish, 844-474-2020 for Portuguese, 844-477-2020 for Haitian Creole.
And remember that you can enter the NEWARK CENSUS SELFIE CONTEST for a chance to win $1,000.
1) Fill out the Census form online,
2) Take a creative selfie as proof
3) Email it to NEWARKCOUNTS@GMAIL.COM with a #NewarkCounts hashtag.
• COMMUNITY MEETING
STATUS OF NEWARK’S WATER AND LEAD SERVICE LINE REPLACEMENTS
Our next community meeting on the status of Newark’s water and Lead Service Line Replacements is taking place on Thursday, September 24th at 7PM.
Tune in Live on the City’s Facebook Page
And you can submit your questions in advance via email to:
• Or call 201-452-8450 to submit questions
• HOLD THE LINE
Tune in tonight (Wednesday, September 23rd ) for the new episode of Hold the Line with Mayor Baraka, on the City’s Facebook and Instagram at 7PM.
15 minutes of hard-hitting questions on various topics including environmental justice, the flu shot and COVID, and voter suppression.
• CLOSING AND BLESSINGS