• GUEST HOST SAKINAH HOYTE
o Sakinah Hoyte, Homelessness Czar of the Office of Homeless Services, gave an update on her department and its services and reminded everyone to tune in to the Mayor’s State of the City address at 7PM—on Facebook Live, NewarkTV, or YouTube.
• HERE ARE OUR NUMBERS TODAY
42 more positive cases than Monday, and a total of 1,260 since June 30th.
1 new death; a total of 39 since June 30th.
A total of 209,850 positive cases, which is 1,137 more than Monday, October 5.
A total of 14,360 deaths, which is 13 more than Monday, October 5.
• REPORT LARGE GATHERINGS
As you know, it has been very helpful for everyone to call in and report large gatherings, groups not practicing social distancing, and crowds not wearing masks.
So please continue to call the hotline at 973-969-1122
• COME OUT AND GET TESTED AT ONE OF OUR POP-UP TESTING AND CENSUS SITES
Wednesday, October 7:
355 Osborne Terrace
Friday, October 9:
Dr. William H. Horton Elementary School
291 N 7th St.
• WE STILL NEED EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THE CENSUS
So many programs count on Federal funding, and making sure Newark is correctly counted matters!
You can get counted several ways:
• If the enumerators come to your home, you can get counted.
• If you go to the Newark Public Library Main Branch (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays)
from 11:30AM and 2:30PM you can get counted
• You can come to one of our pop-up testing and Census sites.
• You can submit your form online at www.2020CENSUS.GOV
• Or you can complete it over the phone:
844-330-2020 for English
844-468-2020 for Spanish
844-474-2020 for Portuguese
844-477-2020 for Haitian Creole
• UPCOMING EVENT
o Thursday, October 8 at 7PM on Facebook Live
Affordable Housing Community Meeting
Tune in to meet some of the minority and women developers who are rebuilding our neighborhoods.
• REMINDER: VP PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE (WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 7)
After the Mayor delivers his State of the City address, don’t forget to watch the Vice Presidential Debate at 9PM!
• AND REMEMBER THAT BE STILL MONDAYS RESUMES OCT 12
Starting next Monday, businesses must close at 7PM.
• CLOSING AND BLESSINGS