• HERE ARE OUR NUMBERS TODAY
74 more positive cases than Wednesday, and a total of 1,670 since June 30th.
(broken down a little further: there were 19 new cases on Thursday – and 55 new cases since yesterday).
No new deaths since Wednesday; a total of 40 since June 30th.
A total of 217,804 positive cases, which is
1,781 more than Wednesday, October 14.
(broken down a little further: there were 971 new cases on Thursday – and 810 new cases since yesterday)
A total of 14,413 deaths, which is 11 more than Wednesday, October 14.
• NEWARK ZIP CODE DATA
This calculation is based on the method that we have done for the past few months and not the method that the State is using for its reporting.
• TEST POSITIVITY RATES (AS OF OCT 11) USING A 3-DAY ROLLING AVERAGE :
Newark 7.40% as of Oct 11 (vs Oct 4 was 5.32%)
NJ 4.35% as of Oct 11 (vs Oct 4 was 3.69%)
• POSITIVITY DATA BY WARD
• BE STILL MONDAYS
Reminder that businesses must close at 7PM on Monday.
Let’s do what we need to do to get our numbers down to protect our City.
• WEAR YOUR MASK
With COVID-19 still among us (7 months later), you HAVE TO WEAR YOUR MASK. Let people know if you see them without one or if they are worn improperly.
• LARGE GATHERINGS HOTLINE
Report large gatherings, report large groups not practicing social distancing, report crowds not wearing masks.
• POP-UP TESTING SITES
The pop-up for today at Peshine Avenue School is canceled due to rain, but will be rescheduled.
Monday, October 19:
Franklin Avenue School
42 Park Avenue
Wednesday, October 21:
Clear View Baptist Church
314 Hobson Street
Friday, October 23:
Summer Ave & Chester Ave
• GOV. MURPHY SIGNED AN EXECUTIVE ORDER EXTENDING THE MORATORIUM ON UTILITY SHUTOFFS
Until March 15, 2021, no household may have its electricity, gas service or water shut off for nonpayment (and if it’s already been disconnected it must be restored).
Until November 15, 2020, there’s a moratorium against disconnecting internet and voice services (and households with school-age children who need internet for remote learning will be extended through March 15, 2021).
Also, cable companies must offer a repayment plan of at least 12 months before disconnecting services.
• 18 DAYS UNTIL ELECTION DAY!
Not sure how to return your ballot?
All mail-in ballots must be either be:
• Mailed-in and postmarked,
• Placed in a secure ballot drop box,
• Delivered to your County Board of Elections office
• Or brought to your polling location by 8PM on Election Day, November 3rd.
You can also tune in to our upcoming
Voter Information Town Hall to learn more about the election and how to vote.
• Join Newark People’s Assembly in partnership with the Essex County Clerk’s Office
• This Monday, October 19 at 12 noon, here on Facebook Live and replayed on NWK TV and YouTube.
• Submit your questions in advance to: NEWARKPEOPLESASSEMBLY@CI.NEWARK.NJ.US
• CLOSING AND BLESSINGS – Be safe this weekend