• HERE ARE OUR NUMBERS TODAY
691 more positive cases than Friday, and a total of 4,939 since June 30th.
(about 230 new cases per day)
1 new death; a total of 46 since June 30th.
A total of 256,653 positive cases, which is 7,273 more than Friday, November 6.
A total of 14,640 deaths, which is 24 more since Friday, November 6.
• DATA AFTER THE OCTOBER 26 EXEC ORDER
• As of the most recently available positivity data, there has been no decline in the daily case counts or test positivity rates following the executive order on October 26.
• Test positivity remains ~16% as of November 6.
• Mitigation interventions undertaken the week of October 26 may not reflect in the data until this week, due to the 3 to 14 day incubation period for new infections.
• IN CASE YOU MISSED IT ON FRIDAY -- TEST POSITIVITY RATES (AS OF NOV 1) USING A 3-DAY ROLLING AVERAGE :
Newark 19.01% as of Nov 1 (vs Oct 25 was 14.33%)
NJ 7.74% as of Nov 1 (vs Oct 25 was 6.54%)
As of November 6, Newark’s test positivity rate on a 7 day rolling average is 16%; which is the nationally recognized way of keeping track.
• NEW EXECUTIVE ORDER KEY INFORMATION
The Citywide curfew of 8:00PM for non-essential businesses remains in effect and due to the significant rise in COVID-19 positive cases, THERE IS A CURFEW in specific zip codes.
For Zip Code 07104, 07105, and 07107, a mandatory 9:00 P.M. curfew is imposed. No one should be on the street after 9:00 P.M. on weekdays, and 10:00 P.M. on the weekend, unless traveling to or from work or if there is an emergency.
In 07104, the boundaries are 7th Avenue to 2nd Avenue and from Broadway to Clifton Avenue.
In 07105, this is the entire area, not including the airport or the highways.
In 07107, the boundaries are 3rd Avenue North to Berkley Avenue. North 3rd Street to 11th Street.
All sports of any kind being played in the City shall cease immediately for a two-week period. During this time, all players, coaches, trainers, etc. must be tested for the COVID-19 virus, and have to test negative to resume play.
When sport resume after this two-week period, all players, coaches, trainers, staff must be tested for the COVID-19 virus every week.
Everyone not actively playing in the game must wear a face mask and must practice social distancing (including coaches, players on the bench, referees, parents, staff, and spectators).
o INDOOR/OUTDOOR GATHERINGS
Gatherings and/or events are limited to no more than ten (10) people.
o SENIOR HOUSING
No visitation is allowed at long term health care facilities.
Senior housing buildings residents are allowed one (1) non-essential visitor per unit per day.
o RELIGIOUS SERVICES
Masks have to be worn, including anyone speaking or singing during religious services.
Lastly, restaurants, businesses and offices must follow face mask protocols.
All businesses must perform temperature checks of anyone entering the building and no one with a temperature higher than 100.4 degrees will be allowed inside.
No holiday (i.e. Thanksgiving) gatherings or events of ten (10) people or more at restaurants.
• POP-UP TESTING SITES (3:30PM-8PM)
Monday, November 10:
Roberto Clemente Elementary School (257 Summer Ave.)
Wednesday, November 11:
The Sound Stage (Clinton Ave. & Peshine Ave.)
Friday, November 13:
Showcase Laundromat (556 Central Ave.)
Monday, November 16:
Darcy St. & Wilson Ave. (Note: Darcy St. closure btwn Wilson & Alyea)
Wednesday, November 18:
First Ave. Elementary School (214 1st Ave.)
Friday, November 20:
Gladys Hillman-Jones School (24 Crane St.)
• CLOSING AND BLESSINGS -- LET’S CONTINUE TO WORK HARD TO BEAT THIS. IT’S NEWARK VS. COVID-19 AND THE WIN IS UP TO US!