• NEWARK NUMBERS
o Disclaimer: It’s possible that these numbers may change as the State’s numbers are still being cleared, but this is where we are based on what’s currently being reported.
o Newark positive cases is 7 more than when we last reported on July 20th.
o Newark deaths is 14 more than when we last reported on July 20th.
o There’s an uptick in positive COVID-19 cases.
• STATE NUMBERS
o State positive cases is 178,343 and State deaths 13,845.
• CONTACTING GOV. PHIL MURPHY
The updated link to contact online is:
Please continue to reach out on behalf of Newark residents – in support of my request for passengers arriving at Newark Liberty International Airport from the high risk states – to have their temperatures checked when landing, be quarantined, and to fill out forms for contact tracing. And to have COVID-19 number reporting to be correct.
You can also call 609-292-6000
Shout out to everyone who sent us more selfies and slogan ideas for our #MaskUpNewark campaign:
• Jacqueline Molina
“MASK UP! LET’S GET A TASTE OF WHAT'S ITS LIKE TO KEEP OUR TOWN SAFE!”
• Felicia Alston-Singleton
“DON’T PASS THE BUCK, NEWARK MASK UP”
• Joyee Da Kid
“SAVE LIVES! STOP THE SPREAD OF COVID-19”
• Daviel Santana
“I PROTECT MY FAMILY AND MY COMMUNITY BY WEARING MY MASK”
• Brenda Anderson
• Andrea Mason
You can still send your selfies and slogans to us at: MASKUPNEWARK@NEWARKNJ.GOV
• POP-UP TESTING AND CENSUS LOCATIONS:
Come out and get tested. Masks and testing are vital for us right now.
July 24th, we’re at: George Washington Carver Elementary School Playground (333 Clinton Place) until 8PM
Saturday, July 25th –
Newark Schools Stadium
(450 Bloomfield Avenue – near the ticket booth)
9AM-5PM. TESTING ONLY.
Monday, July 27th –
King’s Family Restaurant
(557 Clinton Avenue)
Wednesday, July 29th –
Science High School
(260 Norfolk Street)
Friday, July 31st –
JFK Recreational Center
(211 West Kinney Street)
• REMINDER: YOU CAN STILL APPLY FOR EMERGENCY FUNDING FOR HOME-BASED BUSINESSES
The deadline for applying for Emergency COVID-19 Home-Based Business Grants is July 31.
Eligibility: Home-based business in Newark;
10 employees or less;
evidence of loss due to COVID-19; and
state or federal corporate registration or licenses, among other qualifications.
For more information on eligibility and to apply, go to: UWNEWARK.ORG/COVID19/ORGANIZATIONS
Complete the Census, and remind your friends and family to do the same!
Call 844-330-2020 for English,
844-468-2020 for Spanish,
844-474-2020 for Portuguese,
844-477-2020 for Creole.
• REMINDER: UPCOMING VIRTUAL EVENTS
This Sunday, Mayor proclaims July 26 as Newark’s ADA 30 day.
• The virtual event, with Eyes Like Mine, includes a short film screening, speakers, and trivia with discussion
• Tune in at 1:30PM as Newark commemorates the 30th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act – Live on Facebook
Thursday, July 30th at 7PM – make plans to attend our West Ward Neighborhood Development Virtual Community Meeting
• COMMUNITY CLEAN UP
Join in for the South Ward Community Clean Up TOMORROW
• Pick-up supplies starting at 8:30AM:
o Clinton Ave Community Sound Stage
(Clinton Ave and Peshine Ave)
o Bo Porter Sports Complex (378 Lyons Ave)
• Dumpster Locations:
1. Schuyler Ave (between Shephard Ave & Lehigh Ave),
2. Homestead Park,
3. Hobson Street (near Keer Ave),
4. Wainwright near Bragraw Avenue
5. Schley St (between Chancellor Ave and Lyons Ave),
6. Dayton Street (between Emerson Pl & Whittier Pl),
7. Mulford Pl (near Vassar Ave),
8. So. 15th St (between Springfield Ave & Avon Ave),
9. Clinton Place (between Shephard Ave & Renner Ave),
10. Bayview Ave (Between Keer Ave & Chancellor Ave)
Next Week - East Ward Community Clean Up (August 1st)
• Pick-up supplies at:
o Ferry Street & Wilson Avenue
• Closing and blessings