HERE ARE OUR NUMBERS TODAY
- 22 more positive cases than yesterday, and a total of 725 since June 30th.
- No new deaths since Friday; a total of 31 since June 30th.
- A total of 190,613 positive cases, which is 307 more than yesterday.
- A total 14,141, which is 7 more than yesterday.
NEWARK PUBLIC SCHOOLS REMINDER
- Parents, please remember that Friday, August 28th is the last day to pick up Learning-At-Home Plan Kits from your child’s school.
- If you have questions or need to make other arrangements to pick up supplies, please contact the school.
LARGE GATHERINGS HOTLINE
- The hotline to report large gatherings, large groups not practicing social distancing, and crowds not wearing masks (in NEWARK) is 973-969-1122.
- The information that you provide us is helpful so please continue to call.
POP-UP TESTING SITE
St. Lucy’s Church, 118 7th Avenue
- Thursday, August 27th until 7PM
- Friday, August 28th from 12PM to 7PM
WE HAVE ADDITIONAL POP-UP TESTING AND CENSUS SITES (3:30-8PM):
Friday, August 28th
- VanBuren Street & Nichols Street(Back of East Side High School) (NOTE: Nichols St. closure between Pulaski St. & VanBuren St.)
Monday, August 31st
- Summer Ave. & Chester Ave.(NOTE: Chester Ave. street closure between Summer Ave. & Summer Pl.)
Wednesday, September 2nd
- West Side High School,403 South Orange Ave.
Friday, September 4th
- Avon Avenue School,219 Avon Ave.
Wednesday, September 9th
- Raphael Hernandez Elementary School Parking Lot 345 Broadway
Friday, September 11th
- Oliver Street School,East Kinney St. & McWhorter St.
We have just a little more than one month left to get Newark counted accurately. As of today, we are only 47.1% counted, and we have funds on the line that are critical for us.
To name a few:
· Head Start
· Roads and infrastructure
· Temporary assistance
· School breakfast and lunch programs
· Foster care funds
· Adoption assistance
· Section 8
· Low-income home energy assistance
PLEASE stop at one of our pop-up sites, fill out your form online at www.2020CENSUS.GOV or call:
- English 844-330-2020
- Spanish 844-468-2020
- Portuguese 844-474-2020
- Haitian Creole 844-477-2020
We don’t have much time left and Newark’s future depends on it.
BRING FAMILY OUT FOR SUMMER FUN IN THE CITY
- The Summer Glow in the Dark Finale will be held on Monday, August 31st at 8PM at Branch Brook Park, 115 Clinton Avenue. The movie “Trolls” will take place by the lion statues.
- Social distancing guidelines will be followed and you must wear masks. Please bring your blankets and chairs.
CIVILIAN COMPLAINT REVIEW BOARD
- We need the help from everyone for our CCRB to have subpoena power.
- Mayor urges everyone to please support Assemblywoman Angela McKnight’s bill on the Civilian Complaint Review Board. § Also, please get involved with our #WeNeedCCRB social media campaign.
· CLOSING AND BLESSINGS