HERE ARE OUR NUMBERS TODAY—
- 11 more positive cases than yesterday, and a total of 691 since the start date of June 30th.
- No new deaths since Friday, and a total of 31 since start date of June 30th.
- A total of 190,021 positive cases, which is 302 more than yesterday.
- A total of 14,124 deaths, which is 4 more than yesterday. Wear your mask!
WARNING ABOUT BUSINESSES NOT FOLLOWING ORDERS
- If you are running a business out of your home without a license or permit to do so, you will be shut down, fined, and charged for violating the Governor and City’s executive orders.
- Also, if you are a restaurant allowing indoor dining, your license will be taken away.
FOOD RELIEF PROGRAM
- Our next food delivery is tomorrow.
- If you know someone who needs food, or if you do, please let us know by leaving your information in the comments or sending to our inbox.
LARGE GATHERINGS HOTLINE
- Please call 973-969-1122 to report large gatherings, crowds with people not wearing masks, and large groups not practicing social distancing.
- If it’s an emergency, call 911.
POP-UP TESTING AND CENSUS LOCATIONS(3:30-8PM):
- Wednesday, August 26th Peshine Avenue School 433 Peshine Ave.
- Friday, August 28th VanBuren Street & Nichols Street (Back of East Side High School)(NOTE: Nichols St. closure between Pulaski St. & VanBuren St.)
- We are 47% counted and we only have through the end of September.
- Take just a few minutes to complete the Census or come to one of our pop-up sites. § You can visit the website at www.2020CENSUS.GOV r call 844-330-2020 English, 844-474-2020 Portuguese,
844-477-2020 for Haitian Creole, 844-468-2020 Spanish
SUMMER FUN MOVIE NIGHTS
- August 26th movie:TROLLS, shown at Independence Park(218 Van Buren Street) at 8PM
- Come out for free family fun. Bring your chairs and blankets, and wear your masks
HOLD THE LINE
- Tune in tomorrow to the next episode of Hold the Line at 7PM on Facebook and Instagram.
- Topics will include the Civilian Complaint Review Board.
REMINDER: AUCTION TO BUY CITY-OWNED PROPERTY
- The City’s auction will be held on Thursday, August 27th at 10AM.
- Visit NEWARKNJ.REALFORECLOSURE.COM to participate and place your bids.
- To learn about the 47 properties and the auction rules, visit the city’s website at NEWARKNJ.GOV
CLOSING AND BLESSINGS
This is the year for transformation. Make the changes we want to make. Transform ourselves, our families, community, city, state, and country. Coronavirus came for a specific reason; we are going to battle and we are going to win. Victory belongs to us.