• HERE ARE OUR NUMBERS TODAY—
22 more positive cases than yesterday, and a total of 505 since the start date of June 30th.
No new deaths since yesterday, and a total of 30 since start date of June 30th.
A total of 186,594 positive cases, which is 656 more than yesterday.
A total 14,054 deaths, which is 8 more than yesterday.
• IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: HOTLINE
In case you missed it yesterday, we have a hotline set up to report large crowds (no matter the location within Newark) and to report large gatherings with people not wearing masks, or not practicing social distancing.
The number to call is 973-969-1122, which is manned by the police all day and night.
To report loud music, please continue to call 973-733-6000.
If the outcomes from the hotline and Sit Still Sundays do not work, we may implement a curfew to help drive our numbers back down.
• POP-UP TESTING AND CENSUS LOCATIONS (3:30-8PM):
Tomorrow (Friday, August 14th), we’re in the East Ward
Oliver Street School (East Kinney St. & McWhorter St.)
Friday, August 14th and Saturday, August 15th
Mount Calvary Missionary Baptist Church
237 Seymour Avenue
Friday from 12-7PM and Saturday from 10AM-5PM
• ADOPT A BLOCK POP-UP SITES FOR THE UPCOMING DAYS (10AM-4PM)
At our Adopt A Block pop-up sites you can speak with officers and fire fighters, get tested, and get help completing the Census.
Tomorrow, August 14th
So 9th Street (between 11th and 12th Avenues)
Monday, August 17th
Summer Avenue (between Elwood Avenue and Heller Parkway)
Tuesday, August 18th
3rd Precinct, Orchard Street (between Tichenor and Pennington Streets)
Wednesday, August 19th
4th Precinct, 15th Avenue & So 18th Street
Thursday, August 20th
5th Precinct, Chadwick Avenue (between West Bigelow Street and Clinton Ave)
Friday, August 21st
6th Precinct, Smith Street (between So Orange Ave and Rockland Terrace)
Monday, August 24th
7th Precinct, North 5th Street (between Central Ave and Dickerson Street)
• REMINDER: CENSUS
Look for the CENSUS TRAIN this Saturday:
• Mayor Baraka and the Municipal Council will be in different neighborhoods to help get Newark counted and will also be delivering food.
o 1st stop – 3:15-3:40PM: Reservoir Site Townhomes, 185 14th Avenue
o Next stop – From 3:50-4:20PM: Grace West Manor, 301 Irvine Turner Blvd
o Last stop – From 4:30-5PM: Villa Victoria Townhouses, 133 7th Avenue
• COMMUNITY CLEAN UP
This Saturday, August 15th – Central Ward
• You can pick up supplies from 8:30AM-4PM
Congregational Baptist Church Parking Lot- 399-411 Bergen Street
• Dumpster locations
1. 6th Street (Between 14th & 15th Avenues)
2. Webster Street (Between 7th Ave & Crane St)
3. 6th Street (Between 6th & 7th Avenues)
4. Clark Street (Between Broadway & Mt. Pleasant Ave)
5. Washington St and West Kinney St
6. Springfield Avenue (Between 18th Avenue & 10th Street)
7. Cutler Street & Park Avenue
8. Crittenden Street and Rowland Street
9. Duryea Street (Between Orange St & Sussex Ave)
10. Hecker Street (Between Orange St & Duryea St)
Next Saturday, August 22nd – North Ward Community Clean Up
• Closing and blessings