• As of today – this is where we are. Our cases are continuing to rise:
2,835 positive cases
o Essex County:
7,589 positive cases
o New Jersey:
61,850 positive cases
o By Zip Code:
07102 – 111
07103 – 341
07104 – 563
07105 – 372
07106 – 329
07107 – 416
07108 – 228
07112 – 274
07114 – 96
• The United States has more than a half-million cases and 42,000 recoveries.
• Be Still Mondays
o Thank you for everyone who has taken the day to really be still. The weather helped but staying in the house allowed essential employees to take a break and it gets us closer to not just flattening the curve but stopping the spread of the Coronavirus.
o There are still businesses that we hope will get on board and see that the community need outweighs the opportunity for revenue. People can plan and get what they need on the days leading up to Monday so that on Monday they can be still.
o Again, the only exception would be health, safety, and welfare emergency services to close.
o We will continue this for the next month with the hopes that it will make a difference.
o If this doesn’t work, then we may go to the recommended week that the CDC is suggesting.
• Thank you to Assemblywoman Britnee N. Timberlake for her leadership in crafting the A-3948 legislation that’s going to benefit so many homeowners and renters right now. The legislation will provide Newark residents and citizens across our state with essential economic relief needed as we continue to respond to the financial burden from the COVID-19 pandemic. Any resident seeking forbearance of mortgage loans and the suspension of rental payments during the existing COVID-19 public health emergency, would get an automatic 90- to 180-day grace period. It would also remove the requirement of providing proof of economic hardship or having any fees or penalties attached to their appeals. THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT HELP TO OUR COMMUNITY.
• Please call 800-734-7083 if you have concerns about being COVID-19 positive and if you are and can’t go home to quarantine properly without putting your family at risk.
• We are working on a website that will be full of resources to help navigate during these times. We hope to have it live by tomorrow.
• Remember that the food gift card distribution resumes tomorrow. Please call 973-733-5728 between the hours of 8am and 4pm. If you received before please don’t call -- allow other people the opportunity.
• Don’t forget to complete the Census. www.2020census.gov. And this Wednesday is Newark Counts Census Day. Please stay tuned for more info.
• Imagine the Angels of Bread: Poems by Martn Espada.