The OIT Operations Director reports to the Business Administrator and is responsible for implementing and supporting the City’s technology services vision and leading all aspects of the organization’s systems development and operations. The Director leads the City’s day-to-day operational activities, including Application Development, Data Center and Network Operations, Enterprise Architecture and all core infrastructure management and services.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the City’s core technology services delivery and daily support operations.
- Build, manage and mentor a top-flight technology team.
- Assume full accountability and responsibility for data center operations, applications development, technology maintenance and hosting, network and communications infrastructure.
- Direct the organization to deliver technology solutions, including in the support of Geographical Information Systems, Data Management and Public Safety infrastructure.
- Provide visible leadership for the department within the technology communities served by the Office of Information Technology.
- Anticipate and respond to major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of enterprise solutions and services.
- Establish and maintain technical standards and ensure adherence to them for product development and production operations.
- Identify, manage and maintain controls the promote a strong information security approach, including staff/user training on cyber tactics, mitigation of cyber events and continued collaboration with intergovernmental cyber awareness and information organizations.
- Direct the organization’s operations to meet budget and other financial goals.
- Actively support and direct short-term and long-range planning as well as budget development and execution to support the City’s technology goals, predominately through key performance metrics.
- Identify, develop and direct execution of operating policies to support overall City policies and objectives.
- Set expectations with clients for delivering technology at the right pace, meeting business requirements and achieving anticipated results.
- Ensure the service delivery and efficiency of the organization meets or exceeds service and technology delivery expectations.
- Establish the performance goals, acquire and allocate competent human resources.
- Support the development and appropriate oversight of both core and agency IT projects.
- Expand and support e-Government applications to improve service to citizens and local businesses.
- Proven record of effective leadership, including the ability to balance team and individual responsibilities; building teams and consensus; getting things done through others not directly under his or her supervision; working ethically and with integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, negotiation, mentoring and presentation skills.
- Solid working knowledge of technology infrastructure and architecture including but not limited to data center operations, data and voice communications, emergency management services, solution acquisition, contract management, application development, system development lifecycle and project management disciplines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standard tools, related software, and data management practices for a complex organizational environment.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
- At least 10 years of technology experience, with a minimum of 3 years in a leadership position with direct supervision of other managers, team leads and project personnel.
- A Bachelor’s degree. A Master’s degree in a related discipline, is a plus.
Please send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org