Title : Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC)
Reports to: Program Manager
The City of Newark, Mayor’s Office of Homeless Services, is seeking to hire a Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC) for a newly formed community outreach team. The LCADC will work closely with a team of outreach, clinical, housing, and law enforcement partners to provide services to homeless residents with substance abuse disorders. Under the supervision of the Program Manager or designee, the LCADC will work on a field-based outreach team based in the City of Newark. The LCADC will be responsible for engagement and referrals to treatment resources including medical providers, social services agencies, and short-term care coordination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Meaningfully engage homeless individuals who are living on the street and using substances that would benefit from services.
- Connect clients, at their request, to other providers/services, who can assist with client’s goals related to housing, health, substance use disorder (SUD) treatment, and mental health treatment.
- Develop treatment plans and create support networks for homeless individuals using a nonjudgmental approach.
- Complete appropriate documentation including electronic records, progress notes, and reports.
- Provides support and advocacy during encounters or when necessary to ensure clients' needs and referrals required are being conveyed.
- Work collaboratively and effectively within a team by establishing positive, supportive relationships with members of the team.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with the clients, providers, case managers, agency representatives, supervisors and office staff, from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Work to reduce cultural and socio-economic barriers between clients and institutions.
- Teach harm reduction skills including Narcan training.
- Work predominantly out in the community and other outreach destinations.
- Other duties assigned
- Master’s degree or doctorate in addictions or a counseling-related field from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Licensed through the State of New Jersey
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in community outreach/fieldwork preferred
- Trained in first aid, CPR and NARCAN
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Basic computer skills
- Preferably City of Newark residents
- Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey
Full-time, 40 hours per week Monday through Friday with flexible hours
Schedule :Full-time, 40 hours per week Monday through Friday with flexible hours
$35/hour. This is a contractual position, health benefits not included.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org