Title: DIETITIAN - BILINGUAL Opening Date: 10/12/21
35 Hour – Full Time Closing Date: N/A
Salary Range: $43,231.37 - $56,373.36
Location: Department of Health and Community Wellness – WIC UNIT
110 William Street, Lower Level, Newark, NJ 07102
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be City of Newark residents.
The Dietitian is primarily, although not exclusively, concerned with therapeutic diets for individuals or groups. The Dietitian assesses nutritional needs and the nutritional status of individuals through dietary histories of individuals, laboratory values, anthropometric tests, and similar methods. The Dietitian counsels individuals and families on dietary plans, and adapting plans to the individual’s therapeutic needs and lifestyle.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Provides nutrition assessment, counseling, and education for the improvement of the nutritional status and over-all health of WIC participants
- Performs a comprehensive nutrition assessment in order to determine an applicant’s eligibility for program benefits
- Prescribes the authorized supplemental foods based on nutrition needs and participants preferences
- Provides nutrition education responsive to the identified needs and interests of the participants
- Documents an assessment and Plan of Care for all WIC participants
- Initiate processing of WIC clients by conducting intake of client information as needed
- Attends meetings, general staff meetings and State in-service trainings and conferences
- Conducts WIC presentations and nutrition-related topics to community-based programs
- Discusses problems affecting individual's food habits and needs for special diet requirements.
- Plans special meals for individuals placed on modified diets by taking into consideration the nutritional value of foods, including vitamin and mineral content, and human requirements
Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's degree with a major concentration in Dietetics, Nutrition, Food, Food Science, or Food Service Management.
Completion of a dietetic internship and professional experience in nutrition when combined totals one (1) year, or one (1) year of full-time professional experience in nutrition.
NOTE: A current and valid Certification as a Registered Dietitian issued by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics may be substituted for education and one (1) year of experience.
Graduation from an accredited college with a Master's degree in Dietetics, Nutrition, Food, Food Science, or Food Service Management.
Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position