Salary Range: $59,539.28 - $62,968.73
Location: Division of Environmental Health/Childhood Lead Unit
Submit Resume And Cover Letter to: Michael Wilson email@example.com Sandra Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION DESCRIPTION REQUIREMENTS
Newark, the largest municipality in New Jersey with a population of approximately 282,000 residents, is seeking a Registered Nurse within the Division of Environmental Health. Under direction, the Registered Nurse will visit clients in their home environment to provide nurse case management services on a regular and emergency basis; depending of the child’s Blood Lead Level. RN may be re-assigned to perform other related duties within the Department of Health, as the need may be.
RN Case Manager
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Performs case management which shall consists of the following:
- A home visit
- Prepares Health Assessments
- Prepares a comprehensive Health Care Plan.
- Provides Health Counseling and Teaching both verbal and written in the patient’s primary language on the effects and prevention of lead poisoning.
- Determines whether or not the child has a regular/primary care pediatrician or a health care facility to provide primary medical care to the child.
- Follows up in NJIIS to determine the child’s immunization status. Refers child to the immunization clinic as needed.
- Monitors Blood Lead retesting and results and make referrals as the need may be.
- Arranges for lead screening, when indicated, of siblings and other children in the household aged six months to 72 months.
- Assess the need for emergency relocation funding and initiating collaboration with the appropriate agencies.
- Assists family in obtaining cleaning supplies.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of Electronic Health Record including “Welligent”. .
- Case closure and discharge when all elements of case management have been met.
Current and valid registration as a professional registered nurse in the State of New Jersey.
Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in NJ State and a vehicle which is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles, standards, and methods of professional nursing.
- Knowledge of immunization, and diagnosis.
- Knowledge of medical and laboratory procedures tests and analyses.
- Ability to analyze, comprehend and interpret the principles, procedures and practices of nursing to specific to case management.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with coworkers and others involved in the work of case management.
- Ability to give nursing care, provide first aide treatments and perform other professional nursing duties, and laboratory duties (venipuncture).
- Ability to observe and report symptoms and conditions of patients.
- Ability to prepare a comprehensive nurse case manager reports.
- Ability to maintain records and files.
- Ability to prepare requisitions for needed home inspections and cleaning supplies.
- Ability to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform duties of this position. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
Employees are eligible for participation various voluntary benefits programs and for city-sponsored medical insurance, dental insurance and a prescription drug plan; and are required to participate in the retirement program.
This job specification is for local government use only.
Salary range is only applicable to state government.
Local salaries are established by individual local jurisdictions.
THE CITY OF NEWARK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER