Turkey Hunting is allowed during the State Wild Turkey Season. Those hunters who have obtained a Special Turkey Hunting Permit from the State must present it at either of the City of Newark offices to receive a special City of Newark sticker.
~SPRING WILD TURKEY SEASON~Turkey hunting is allowed during the State Wild Turkey Season. Those hunters who have obtained a Special Turkey Hunting Permit from the State must present it at either of the City of Newark offices to receive a special City of Newark sticker.
*See the insert for season, times, and areas specific to Wild Turkey Season.
~FALL BOW HUNTING SEASON~Permitted during State stipulated season.
~SMALL GAME SEASON~ Small game hunting is allowed during the State Small Game Season until December 31. Note the exceptions to the State Small Game Season as stated in the most recent New Jersey Summary of the Hunting and Trapping laws. No rifle or night hunting allowed. *See the insert for the season,times and areas specific to Small Game Season.
~MIGRATORY BIRD~ MIGRATORY BIRD HUNTING IS ALLOWED DURING THE State Season until December 31. See the most recent Federal Regulations, NJ Migratory Bird Regulation Supplement.
*See the insert season, times and areas specific to Migratory Bird Season.
~BUCK SEASON~Firearms only, shotguns or muzzle loaders are allowed during the State Season. *See the insert for season, times and areas specific to Buck Season.
~MUZZLE LOADING RIFLE DAYS~Muzzle loading rifle hunting is allowed during the State Season.Those hunters who have obtained a special permit from the State must present it at either of the City of Newark offices to receive a special City of Newark sticker. *See the insert for season, times and areas specific to Muzzle loading Rifle days.
~SPECIAL DOE DAY~Shotguns ONLY : Those hunters with a special permit to hunt on Doe Day must register at either City of Newark office. There will be a limited number of hunters permitted on the Watershed portions of State Zones #3 and #6. *See the insert for the season,times and area specific to Doe Day.
~DEER CHECK-IN~All successful deer hunters are requested to please use the mandatory deer checking stations.
~WILD TURKEY CHECK-IN~All successful turkey hunters are requested to please use the mandatory turkey checking station as established by the State. The City of Newark Echo lake officer is a not a check station.
~WILD LIFE MANAGEMENT~All hunters are requested to please cooperate with the City of Newark and the State Wildlife management program by completing Wildlife Questionnaires.
~PARKING~Park vehicles only in designated parking areas and at the head of most trails.If these areas are full please park on the shoulder well off the road. Do not block access roads.
*We offer 15%/$5 off all permits for disabled veterans; (VA card must list disability status)
Hunting: (in designated areas, for specific wildlife,at designated times of the year)Newark Residents: $27.50 Non-Newark Residents: $50.00
Newark Senior Residents : $19.00 Non-Newark Senior Residents: $27.50
!!!!NO HUNTING AT ALL ON LAKES AND RESERVOIRS!!!!
1. All persons hunting at the Newark Watershed must have a current New Jersey Hunting License and a City of Newark permit.
2. All of the laws (when applicable) asset forth in the most recent summary of New Jersey Hunting laws must be observed.
3. All individuals hunting Watershed property must be at least 18 years of age.
4. Hunting is allowed ONLY in those designated areas on the accompanying map. No hunting or carrying of weapons is allowed in the areas posted or indicated as RESTRICTED on the accompanying map.
5. Vehicles are allowed only in designated parking areas and on those roads indicated on the accompanying map. Violators will be ticketed and/or towed away.
6. All vehicles should be parked off of the road on the shoulder and all hunters should conspicuously display the City of Newark decal on their vehicle’s inside left rear window in the lower right hand corner.
7. Hunters are not permitted to gain access to Watershed lands through private property without prior consent of the property owner and the City of Newark hunting permit.
8. Trapping is permitted on the Watershed property only by special use permit.
9. All hunters must comply with the City of Newark’s 450 Safety Zones around all lakes and reservoirs, with the exception of migratory bird hunters during migratory bird season.
10. We allow bow and arrow hunting,target practice or hunting with rifles on the Newark Watershed property.
11. No permanent deer stands are allowed to be constructed n Watershed property.
12. The hunting of wild turkeys on Watershed property requires the City of Newark Hunting Permit and a State Turkey Permit.
13. The following species shall not be hunted on Newark Watershed Property; raccoon, opossum and woodchuck.
14. Hunting of Migratory Birds on Watershed Property is permitted only during the state established season subject to the most recent NJ Migratory Bird regulations Duck hunters are not allowed to use rowboats.
15. All successful turkey and deer hunters are requested to check their kill at the mandatory state checking station.
16. No hunting is permitted at any time in the Echo Lake or Hanks Pond Conservation area.
17. No Baiting of any kind on Watershed Property.
City Hall920 Broad StreetNewark, NJ 07102