POSITION TITLE: Systems Analyst (Data Manager)
DEPARTMENT: Health and Community Wellness
394 University Avenue
ANNUAL SALARY: $64,244.29 (35 Hours per week)
OPENING DATE: February 14, 2023
REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be City of Newark Residents.
SEND COVER LETTER & RESUME TO:
Alexandria Massey, Chief Operations Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason Ndungu, Chief Financial Officer email@example.com
Sandra Williams, Personnel Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
Under direction, helps to plan, implement and monitor clinical and operational data for existing operations and programs to determine current performance and identify opportunities for improvement. Oversees the quality and timeliness of all data management activities for all FQHC grants and programs.
NOTE: The definition and examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Plans and conducts studies of operations relative to the development or revision of operational procedures.
- Appraises adequacy and efficiency of current data processing systems and assists in developing the organizational structure and methods required for performance of existing new and/or expanded functions.
- Two (2) years of experience in the design, installation, and operation of programs for electronic data processing equipment and/or in the design and implementation of systems for electronic data processing application.
NOTE: Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute additional experience as indicated on a year-for-year basis with thirty (30) semester hour credits being equal to one (1) year of experience.
Appointees will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of and familiarity with electronic data processing equipment and its selection and application to specific operating requirements.
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in making estimates and analyses of the capacity of existing data processing equipment and/or the degree of utilization made thereof.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint, and Vizio.
- Knowledge of principles of organization and management.
- Knowledge of capabilities and programming techniques of a general purpose computer and peripheral equipment.
- Knowledge of analysis and correction of procedures and considerations involved in the planning, design, and implementation of a data processing system.
- Ability to make studies to determine feasibility of using data processing techniques to improve operational procedures.
- Ability to organize and direct a conversion to a data processing system.
- Ability to prepare charts, programs, and procedures.
- Ability to participate in conferences and present results of evaluation studies of present or new operational procedures effectively.
- Ability to estimate the cost of adapting or revising data processing methods.
- Ability to prepare clear, sound, accurate, and informative statistical, financial, and other factual reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Ability to maintain essential records and files.
- Ability to express oneself clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.