POSITION TITLE: Supervising Inventory Control Clerk/Vaccine Coordination
SALARY RANGE: $38,119.23 - $48,282.93 (35 hrs/weekly)
DEPARTMENT: Health and Community Wellness
REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be City of Newark Residents.
SEND COVER LETTER & RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Under direction, supervises inventory control clerks involved in compiling and recording information on the receipt, distribution and balance of materials, equipment and supplies on hand for an agency or jurisdiction; does other related duties.
- Supervises, assigns and reviews the work of inventory control clerks.
- Trains employees in inventory control methods.
- Confers with the purchasing department to determine delivery dates, and other needed information.
- May perform the work of an inventory control clerk.
- Revises inventory control procedures.
- Compiles information on receipt and distribution of goods, and computes inventory balance.
- Prepares reports of inventory balance, depleted items and shortages, and prepares purchase requisitions.
- Provides recommendations for the maintenance of appropriate inventory levels, or disposition of excess stock.
- Contacts vendors to expedite deliveries.
- Supervises the maintenance and disposition of all invoices, receipts and requisitions.
- May supervise the maintenance of an inventory parts catalog.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
Three (3) years of experience in preparing, maintaining and editing inventory control records, one (1) year of which shall have been in a supervisory capacity.
- Certified in NJIIS (New Jersey Immunization Information System) & in IMOD(New Jersey Inventory Management, Order, and Distribution System)
- Complete annual education as required by the CDC
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of record keeping methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of inventory control methods and practices.
- Ability to organize assigned work and develop effective work methods.
- Ability to provide assignments and instructions to individuals and supervise their performance.
- Ability to supervise the maintenance of records and files.
- Ability to establish and maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to prepare reports.
- Ability to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units
- Knowledgeable and efficient with Intergy and Microsoft applications
- Obtain and secure all keys to access vaccines on a daily basis.
- Maintain an accurate inventory, transferring of VFC (Vaccines for Children) vaccines to service units- Immunizations, Pediatrics, and FQHC
- Maintain accurate inventory of City purchased vaccines.
- Distribute daily vaccines to service units.
- Monitor and manually record temperatures for all refrigerator units at 9:00am and 4:00pm daily.
- Record biweekly in NJIIS refrigerator/ freezer temperatures for Immunizations.
- Change the manual temperature log for each unit bi-weekly.
- Prepare order list for VFC vaccine as per usage every month.
- Receive vaccine shipment and store in appropriate service area.
- Confirm vaccine received in NJIIS inventory.
- Transfer any vaccine near expiratory date to use first between Immunization and Pediatrics.
- Account for any wasted vaccine and document in NJIIS.
- Inform Immunization Coordinator, Health Officer, Medical Director, and Director of Nurses of any vaccine wastage.
- Perform daily inventory for COVID vaccines and weekly inventory of vaccines for Immunization, Pediatrics, and FQHC refrigerator units.
- Ensure that all refrigeration units are locked and vaccines are secured at the end of every shift. Place keys for refrigeration units in a designated area at the close of business each day.
- Works closely with the medical providers/ staff to determine vaccine inventory needs.
- Follows established policies and procedures that govern the management, storage and handling of all vaccines for the Department of Health and Community Wellness.
- Reports directly to the Immunization Coordinator and the Health Officer.
- Input information directly into the NJIIS registry, old and new histories.
- Ensure COVID vaccine lot number labels are printed.
- Correct errors in the NJIIS system.
- Vaccine preparation and transport to off- site locations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledgeable of Digital data loggers and the calibration/ monitoring systems.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends.
- Keep all calibration certificates for each unit.
- Act as the Primary Vaccine Coordinator for Immunizations and Adult clinics and the Back- up Coordinator for Pediatrics.
- Other vaccine related responsibilities as needed.