POSITION TITLE: Senior Physician
SALARY RANGE: $159,138.03 Flat (35 hrs/weekly)
DEPARTMENT: Health and Community Wellness
REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be City of Newark Residents.
SEND COVER LETTER & RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com
Under direction of the Department Director and Medical Director, diagnoses and treats diseases and disorders of the human body; does related work as required.
- Examines patients, utilizing a variety of medical equipment, instruments and tests, following standard medical procedures.
- Orders or conducts various tests and x—rays to provide information on patient's condition.
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examinations, and diagnosis condition.
- Administers or prescribes drugs and treatments.
- Inoculates and vaccinates patients to immunize them against communicable diseases.
- Promotes health by advising patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office or related units.
Possession of a valid license to practice medicine in the State of New Jersey.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of accepted principles, practices, methods and techniques in the field of medicine.
- Ability to diagnose and treat a variety of human disorders.
- Ability to detect, analyze, evaluate and interpret manifestations and symptoms of pathological disorders.
- Ability to apply accepted principles, practices and techniques to individual cases and to gain the confidence and cooperation of patients.
- Ability to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording information systems used by the agency, office or related units.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position. American Sign Language or braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.