POSITION TITLE: Senior Data Control Clerk
SALARY RANGE: $32,950.68 - $41,692.04 (35 hrs/weekly)
DEPARTMENT: Health and Community Wellness
REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be City of Newark Residents.
SEND COVER LETTER & RESUME TO: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Under direction, performs the more difficult work and/or takes the lead in a clerical unit engaged in monitoring, editing, and verifying the information processed by a data processing system; does related work as required.
- Performs the more difficult and responsible clerical work concerned with reviewing and modifying computer listings.
- Assists in indoctrinating and training new employees.
- Occasionally supervises a designated phase of the unit's activity.
- According to established procedures, controls adding, deleting, and modifying of computer input data by processing coded information forms.
- Checks, verifies, and proofreads to ensure accurate and timely issuance of data.
- Maintains control records of released data.
- Assists in the preparation of essential reports.
- Initiates corrective procedures with data originating units.
- Performs associated clerical duties and special assignments.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and computerized information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
Certification as a Registered Health Information Technician by the American Health Information Management Association.
NOTE: Certification as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) may be substituted for the above certification.
Two (2) years of clerical or data processing experience.
Satisfactory completion of a course of study in electronic data processing at a recognized college or university or accredited school of programming may be substituted for one (1) year of work experience.
Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of general office routines and clerical procedures.
- Knowledge of the possibilities and limitations of computer peripheral data handling equipment.
- Ability to comprehend and follow established routines and rules.
- Ability to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.