Title: PrEp Counselor
Salary: $30.00 Per Hour – 35 Hours per week
Location: Department of Health and Community Wellness
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to:
Wanda Cabrera, Chief Officer of Operations email@example.com Sandra Williams, Personnel Services Manager firstname.lastname@example.org Ciara Fields, Administrative Analyst email@example.com
POSITION DESCRIPTION REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must be City of Newark Residents.
PrEp Counselor is a community outreach/educational position and will be responsible for providing the rapid HIV test, assess clients suitability for Prep and assisting HIV high-risk negative clients in initiating, adhering to and managing a PrEp regimen. The PrEp Counselor position requires interaction with the community and flexibility to work nights and weekends, as needed to attend community events.
- Develop and implement educational programs on HIV, PrEp, PP services, and related sexual/reproductive health topics.
- Conducts community outreach to educate individuals about HIV prevention, testing, screening, PrEp and Planned Parenthood's health services.
- Provide rapid HIV test to clients, used for basis of next steps.
- Assess and address clients' knowledge, attitudes and beliefs regarding PrEp
- Assessment of clients' level of risk to determine appropriateness for Prep
- Engage identified high-risk individuals in discussions regarding HIV risk reduction and all manner of PrEp information.
- Assess clients' intentions to initiate and comply with a PrEp regimen.
- Assess clients' health insurance status and evaluate clients' access to primary care providers.
- Provide sexual risk reduction counseling regarding HIV and STIs.
- Monitor clients to ensure regimen adherence and clinical follow-up visits
- Compile and report program results/indicators.
- Work collaboratively with clinical PrEp providers.
- Participates in the Affiliate's efforts related to revenue cycle, which include but are not limited to: achieving goals for productivity; meeting or exceeding revenue targets; and expense management as budgeted.
- Demonstrates commitment to established Workplace Values: Trustworthy; Effective Communication; Respectful; Supportive; Collaborative; Excellence. Practices behaviors that effectively demonstrate the Affiliate's Workplace Values and supports goal to co-create a great workplace (see Workplace Values document received upon hire).
- Travels throughout the Affiliate's service area as required.
- B.S./B.A. in Social Work, Counseling, Public Health or related field. Minimum of 4 years of related work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years related experience as an HIV Rapid tester/counselor, preferred.
- Valid driver's license. Reliable transportation to travel throughout the service area.
- Commitment and demonstration of excellent internal and external customer service.
- Ability to explain the goal of PrEp and importance of adherence.
- Ability to explain the research that has demonstrated the effectiveness of PrEp and all the client behavioral factors associated with both the highest rates and reduced rates of PrEp effectiveness.
- Attention to detail; ability to lead and follow processes and procedures from beginning to end.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
Employees are eligible for participation various voluntary benefits programs and for city-sponsored medical insurance, dental insurance and a prescription drug plan; and are required to participate in the retirement program.