Infectious Disease Physician
POSITION TITLE: Infectious Disease Physician
SALARY RANGE: $111,683.90 - $148,592.17 (35 hrs/weekly)
DEPARTMENT: Health and Community Wellness
REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be City of Newark Residents.
SEND COVER LETTER & RESUME TO: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Provides comprehensive and continuing care to HIV and HCV patients requiring routine, emergency and treatment through the diagnosis of disease processes and through the provision of medical treatment of patients at the clinics.
- Refers patients to other providers as appropriate
- Provides services in support of health promotion and preventive medicine
- Maintains appropriate medical records on assigned patients
- Participates in patient care audits for quality assurance and utilization review to maintain and improve patient care standard of excellence
- Maintains medical professional standards and knowledge by regularly attending medical conferences, seminars, and continuing education programs.
- Maintains familiarity with medical/moral and medical/legal issues related to the practice of medicine and serves as a resource to the medical staff in related matters
- Serves as the clinical expert to administrative staff in risk management programs and reviews all potential medical liability claims generated against the Health Center.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintain professional licenses and affiliations.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Medical Director for Primary Care and Chief Operating Officer, including ad hoc management of problems related to the practice of medicine and patient care
- Minimum two years of experience as a practicing clinician
- Strong knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and systems
- Strong public health background and interest
- Strong knowledge of medical practice and standards of care to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulatory statues for compliance in the health care environment, i.e., New Jersey Board of Registration in Medicine and other regulatory organizations
- Expertise in planning, organizing, delegating, and supervising
- Ability to work with other physicians, providers and other healthcare professionals in a collaborative manner to meet the organizational goals and objectives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook and other computer software
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records Systems
- Strong communication skills
- Medical degree with appropriate residency training from an accredited School of Medicine
- Board certification
- Current License as a Physician in the State of New Jersey.