Title: Dental Hygienist
Opening Date: October 12, 2021
Closing Date: N/A
Salary Range: $67,524.78 - $89,096.02
Location: Department of Health and Community Wellness
Division of Medical Care Services/FQHC
110 William Street
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be City of Newark Residents
POSITION DESCRIPTION REQUIREMENTS
Job Description – Summary:
The Registered Dental Hygienist is responsible for the direct provision of oral hygiene and appropriate preventative services to dental patients of the health center. The Registered Dental Hygienist will also be responsible for providing appropriate oral health information to individuals and groups.
- Assists in the oral health management of health center patients.
- Obtains oral hygiene assessment data and records patient-hygienist transactions in the patient’s dental record so that the dental record accurately reflects the nature of the contact and the care or treatment provided.
- Provides oral health education and appropriate individual counseling for health center dental patients.
- Provides clinical oral hygiene services including dental prophylaxis, scaling, sealant application and fluoride application.
- Integration of appropriate patient dental hygiene care with other healthcare professionals involved in the patient’s health care management.
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by a dentist in accordance with state regulations and law.
- Assists with maintenance and various clinical and administrative functions of Dental Department as appropriate and time permits.
- May be asked to perform other duties that align with MWMHC mission
- Comprehensive knowledge of oral hygiene care in outpatient setting.
- Must be cognizant of the public health, social and economic factors that impact overall health and more specifically the oral health of their patients.
- Ability to maintain appropriate clinical privileges
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, education, racial, ethnic and professional backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively with managers, co-workers, members of the public and professional groups.
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, concisely with others (internal and external customers, both verbally and in writing), consistently demonstrate positive/proactive customer service attitude. Consistently maintains ethical behaviors exemplary of quality public service and fair standards, inclusively, among all employees and members of the public.
- Ability to work as an effective team member; function independently, exercise sound judgment and initiative; be flexible to shift priorities; maintain confidentiality; establish and maintain effective interpersonal work relationships, effectively assist providers; work toward goals and objectives of draft priorities.
- Ability to follow MEMHC practice guidelines – including adhering to the NHC immunization policy and the MEMHC Mission and Vision.
Licensing as a Dental Hygienist and registration in New Jersey required.
Skills and Experience:
Previous experience as a Dental Hygienist preferred.