POSITION TITLE: COVID Labs Coordinator (Temp Services)
DEPARTMENT: Department of Health / Department of Public Safety
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be City of Newark Residents.
HOURLY RATE: $40.00 per hour ($80,000.00 max)
SEND COVER LETTER & RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org. email@example.com
In conjunction with the State of New Jersey’s COVID-19 response, the City of Newark is addressing COVID-19 with a comprehensive effort to test, trace, treat and support residents. In partnership with Partners in Health, the City is committed to contacting every person diagnosed with COVID-19 and anyone who might have been exposed to COVID-19, providing the testing and support needed to stop the spread and save lives.
To date, nearly 60,000 tests have been administered in the City of Newark across a range of sites operated by hospitals, third parties on behalf of the City of Newark or Newark Housing Authority and its partners. In addition, Newark has traced over 5,000 of its cases and has rolled out one of the most comprehensive, data-driven, non-invasive contact tracing programs in the country in collaboration with organizations like Partners in Health and the Rutgers Global Health Initiative (RGHI).
The City is seeking a Labs Coordinator to support the Departments of Health and Community Wellness and Public Safety to manage key aspects of the City’s testing strategy as part of the larger COVID-19 response.
The Lab Coordinator will be responsible for liaising on behalf of the City and managing relationships with vendors and labs testing for COVID-19 (monitoring how they perform intake and data entry, recording information, contacting clients, etc.)
- Supervision: Liaise between the testing sites, labs and the contact tracing team, with a primary focus on data flow and application of protocols.
- System Design: Provide strategic support, collate feedback, identify solutions, ensure consistency with protocols, and help conduct direction of all protocols and standard operating procedures to achieve the best solution possible.
- Data Monitoring & Utilization: Work closely with project leadership to design dashboards, create monitoring plans, and conduct routine data analyses.
- Communications & External Relations: Work with project leadership to provide materials, data, and other needs for external communication, including fundraising and advocacy.
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in technology management, public health, information systems, or related field; Master’s degree a plus
- Experience supervising teams in complex environments preferred
- Experience in clinical medicine and/or public health preferred
- Demonstrated experience with data management, manipulation of data sets, statistical analysis, advanced skills in Excel, PowerBI and/or other data visualization tools
- Excellent Power Point and other information communication software skills
- Highly motivated and independent; ready to work in a complex, high-paced, and intense environment. This individual should be good at taking initiative and excited about tackling complex problems, working with an interdisciplinary team to execute solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with diverse staff across organizations and locations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- More than 5 years of work experience in information systems and project implementation preferred
- Willingness to work long hours, sometimes outside of the regular business day; particularly during early months of the project
- Must have access to good/reliable WiFi and a personal computer
- Other duties as assigned