Salary Range: $59,539.28 - $62,968.73
Location: Medical Care Services/Women’s Health Clinic
Submit Resume And Cover Letter to: Elizabeth Plange-Kaye email@example.com Sandra Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
Newark, the largest municipality in New Jersey with a population of approximately 282,000 residents, is seeking a Registered Nurse within the Division of Medical Services. Under direction, the Registered Nurse will be assigned to the Women’s Health” clinic to provide nursing services on regular and emergency basis. RN may be re-assigned to perform other related duties within the Department of Health, as the need may be.
RN Clinic Nurse EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Performs duties consisting the following:
- Prepares Health Assessments.
- Triage patients and make referrals to providers.
- Prepares a comprehensive Health Care Plan.
- Provides Health Counseling and Teaching both verbal and written in the patient’s primary language.
- Works collaboratively with providers to ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely manner.
- Ensures smooth running of the clinic.
- Assigns clients to providers and assists in performing procedures.
- Maintains daily logs of tests done and ensures tests results are referred back to the ordering provider.
- Consults with providers to determine clients’ need.
- Makes program referrals for clients needing procedures such as colposcopy, ultrasound, and others.
- Supports providers by educating patients on pre/post-natal care and child birth.
- Utilizes the Pregnancy Risk Assessment (PRA) data base as required by the State of New Jersey.
- Addresses health concerns, childbirth, birth control and follow-up care with pediatrician.
- Administration of immunizations, injections and performs treatments.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of Electronic Health Record including “Intergy”. .
Current and valid registration as a professional registered nurse in the State of New Jersey.
Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in NJ State only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles, standards, and methods of professional nursing and clinic organization and methods.
- Knowledge of diagnosis, immunization and sterilization.
- Knowledge of medical and laboratory procedures, tests and analyses.
- Ability to analyze, comprehend and interpret the principles, procedures and practices of nursing to specific to Women’s Health management.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with coworkers and others involved in the workflow. .
- Ability to give nursing care, provide first aide treatments and perform other professional nursing duties, and laboratory duties not limited to venipuncture.
- Ability to observe and report symptoms and conditions of patients.
- Ability to prepare a comprehensive clinic reports.
- Ability to maintain records and files.
- Ability to prepare requisitions for needed medications, equipment, and supplies.
- Ability to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform duties of this position. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
Employees are eligible for participation various voluntary benefits programs and for city-sponsored medical insurance, dental insurance and a prescription drug plan; and are required to participate in the retirement program.
This job specification is for local government use only.
Salary range is only applicable to state government.
Local salaries are established by individual local jurisdictions.
THE CITY OF NEWARK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER