Title: Clinic Nurse
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org;:email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION DESCRIPTION REQUIREMENTS:
Newark, the largest municipality in New Jersey with a population of approximately 282,000 residents, is seeking a Clinic Nurse/Public Health Nurse within the Department of Health and Community Wellness. Under direction, the Clinic Nurse will in a clinic, first aid unit, or other setting, provide nursing services on a regular or emergency basis; does other related work.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be City of Newark Residents.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Prepares patients for examinations and treatments.
- Aids physician with examinations and treatments of patients.
- Applies dressings and assists in application of plaster casts.
- Gives therapeutic treatments as directed by a physician.
- Instructs patients in the use of functional educational appliances.
- Performs as operating nurse.
- Maintains clinic equipment, instruments and supplies.
- Takes and maintains patient histories.
- Interprets the findings and directions of physicians to patients.
- Maintains clinical records and reports.
- Provides initial first aid measures to employees and the public when accidents and/or illness occur.
- Makes patients comfortable and, when required, summons medical assistance, including ambulance service.
- Maintains infirmary and/or first aid areas in a clean, sanitary and orderly manner.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
Current and valid registration as a professional nurse in the State of New Jersey.
Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in NJ only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
Candidate will be hired without city-sponsored medical and dental insurance, and prescription drug plan. Depending upon performance and management decision, the candidate may be provided the participation in the city-sponsored medical, dental and prescription drug insurance plan.
THE CITY OF NEWARK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER