POSITION TITLE: Clerk Driver
SALARY RANGE: $34,441.74 - $42,103.48 (35 hrs/weekly)
DEPARTMENT: Health and Community Wellness
REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be City of Newark Residents.
SEND COVER LETTER & RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Under direction, drives and services a motorized vehicle for the purpose of transporting supplies, materials and/or passengers; may occasionally perform routine clerical work; does other related work as required.
- Drives and services a motor vehicle for the purpose of transporting supplies, materials and/or passengers.
- May perform minor periodic vehicle maintenance services such as washing, polishing, changing tires and checking and replenishing gas, oil, water and batteries.
- Arranges the delivery, storage and pickup of supplies to and from assigned destinations.
- Picks up and delivers parts, supplies and/or other materials to and from assigned destinations.
- Loads and unloads supplies and other materials.
- Maintains records, inventory, and files.
- May be responsible for the order and maintenance of a garage.
- May perform routine clerical work.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Appointees must possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey.
- Appointees may be required to possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and applicable endorsements for the class and type of vehicle being operated.
NOTE: The responsibility for ensuring that employees possess the required motor vehicle license that is commensurate with the class and type of vehicles they operate rests with the Appointing Authority.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of safe driving principles.
- Ability to understand, remember and carry out oral and written directions.
- Ability to practice safe driving rules and regulations.
- Ability to check, clean, and perform minor periodic maintenance services to vehicles.
- Ability to maintain records, inventory and files.
- Ability to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office or related units.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform duties of this position. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.