POSITION TITLE: Certified Medical Assistant (Temp Services/CSS)
SALARY RANGE: $18.00 Per Hour (35 hrs/weekly)
DEPARTMENT: Health and Community Wellness
REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be City of Newark Residents.
SEND COVER LETTER & RESUME TO: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) reports to the Clinic Head Nurse and it is responsible for delivering pre and post examination services. To perform this job successfully, the CMA must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Safely operates medical equipment in the work areas.
- Maintains cleanliness of examination rooms
- Conducts initial patient interview to obtain medical information including past and present medical history, chief complaint, medication review, allergies, social, and surgical history.
- Verifies medications, diets and any additional information needed for the visit.
- Obtains vital signs, visual acuity, height, weight, BMI, wave testing, including quality controls and records.
- Prepares patient for the provider in the examination room and assists the provider during the examination as needed.
- Requests information from Emergency Room visits or any prior results from consultants.
- Responds within the scope of practice to patient care emergencies
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 2 years community healthcare experience preferred
- Certification from American Medical Certification Association or related agencies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the American Disability Act (ADA) to perform the essential functions of the job.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Work at different sites for coverage as needed.
- Assists with and supports performance improvement endeavors.
- Participates in the center’s meetings as needed or required.
- Recognizes opportunities for professional growth including the ability to precept others.