POSITION TITLE: Administrative Secretary
SALARY RANGE: $53,000
DEPARTMENT: Administration – Office of Violence Prevention
REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be a City of Newark Residents
The Executive Assistant to the Office of Violence Prevention and Trauma Recovery (OVP&TR) reports to the Director and Deputy Director to ensure the smooth functioning of the Office. The Division has over 25 staff working in seven distinct programs, and is growing to an annual budget of $11 million including city, state, federal and private sector funds.
OVP&TR works with communities to address and prevent multiple forms of violence and trauma by supporting strengths and assets so all residents and neighborhoods thrive. It uses a public health framework to develop and implement initiatives for the primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention of community, domestic, and gender-based violence. Its programs include direct services; training and capacity building for community organizations; community organizing; social marketing; and youth development.
- Help maintain a welcoming and friendly office environment, greeting and announcing visitors.
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence.
- Manage and coordinate Director’s and Deputy Director’s calendar and meetings, acting as a point of contact for them, managing information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage preparation and communication with program directors and staff for respective meetings, including the annual meeting.
- Prepare materials and information as needed for meetings, participating in and taking minutes for meetings as needed.
- Maintain and manage organizational databases required to communicate with Alliance membership and the public, coordinate events, and oversee the dissemination of correspondence.
- Provide administrative support with grant reporting, including but not limited to proofreading and editing narratives.
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, reports, etc. and updating organizational directories
- Organize and maintain the paper and electronic filing systems.
- Assist with the reproduction of materials, binders, packets, etc. for events and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director and Deputy Director.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications.
- May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- A high energy, positive can-do attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Commitment to collaborative team work and building a positive work environment
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, a well-organized approach to projects, including attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines, and a knack for problem-solving
- A high school diploma and at least 5 years of relevant work experience, or a Bachelor's Degree
SEND COVER LETTER & RESUME TO:
Include the position title in the subject field resumes@NewarkNJ.gov and firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Newark
Division of Personnel
920 Broad Street, Room 212
Newark, NJ 07102