The Newark Office of Film and Television

When is a Film/Photography permit required?

A film/photography permit is required when utilizing public property to create a tv show, movie, music video, or photoshoot. Public property includes city owned streets, sidewalks, bridges, roadways, parks, recreation centers and more. If you are unsure if your project requires a permit please reach out to the NOFTV for clarity. 

How to Apply:

Step 1: Submit Application online through our Eproval system
Step 2: (the requirements listed in step 2 depend on the scope of your film permit request)
Step 3: interdepartmental Meeting with Newark Office of Film and TV

learn more about:

No resources for this department.


No information for this category.

spotlight: upcoming events/programs

No recent news

Department directory

No employees updated for this department.

No items found.


No FAQs for this department.

Get in touch

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form